MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead the raw material commodity and define the purchasing strategy for your assigned perimeter (Chinese Raw Material at the group level).
Analyze external market, identify and select strategic suppliers presenting the best competitiveness and the right service level.
Maintain a supplier database with contact information, order history and pricelist.
Ensure supplier information in the ERP system are up to date and accurate.
Negotiate purchasing terms for each parts/services and make sure selected suppliers comply with Dextra internal customer requirements.
Monitor purchasing orders by verifying and investigating problems with purchase orders and call appropriate parties and stakeholders.
Initiate continuous improvement plan to improve Dextra Purchasing processes (Long term agreements with key suppliers, portfolio rationalization etc)
Push and monitor significant and regular operational savings: Negotiations, technical productivity, resourcing, and logistics.
Be the first interface with Suppliers in case of incidents.
Proceed Request for Sourcing (RFS) enquiries from end users in a reactive and efficient manner.
Be continuously involved in the Supplier Selection Process to develop a supply base that provides competitive advantage in quality, value/cost, delivery and technology.
Others as assigned by Management
1. Supplier management = To develop and maintain long-term relationships with trading partners who can help the purchaser meet profitability and customer satisfaction goals.
2. Technical negotiation skills =To demonstrate skill in effective communicating, problem solving, and negotiating with a focus on party interests.
3. Logistics = To obtain, produce, and distribute materials and products in the proper places and in the proper quantities and maximize freight loads while minimizing freight costs.
4. Technical requirements analysis and understanding = To analyse the mandatory technical requirements to manufacture a key material and select suppliers based on these technical requirements.
5. Quality management = To ensure supplier's consistent and sustainable product quality based on ISO/ASTM/JIS/DIN standards.
6. Project management = To achieve project goals and objectives while honouring the project constraints, typically scope, time, and budget.
7. Supply risk management = To identify risks affecting supply, transformation, delivery, and customer demand. To develop strategies such as dual sourcing, buffering, and forward buying that minimize financial impact uncertainties such as yields, timing, pricing, and catastrophic events.
8. Strategic sourcing = To locate and source key materials suppliers, while analysing the total cost associated with procuring an item or service.
9. General computer skills = To use Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, intranet, internet depending on the needs and at the level needed for the work application (kinds of documents produced and speed of the work).
10. ERP competencies (EFACs and then AX) = To use the system to properly manage and control Sales, Planning, Production and Account/Finance.
11. Communicating Information
12. Customer Orientation
13. Information Gathering
14. Planning and Organizing
15. Building Collaborative Relationships
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business Administration or related fields.
At least 3 years’ experience in a Procurement & Sourcing position (preferable in manufacturing background).
Good command of spoken and written English.
Excellent PC, communication.