MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The scope of this position encompasses the design and development of Dextra site equipment.
- Supervise all activities of the machine design team.
- Plan and direct all aspects of engineering activities related to design and development of Dextra machines (site equipment).
- Coordinate and treat Product Developments (PDRs), and prototype evaluations to deliver new site equipment products and versions to the market in compliance with defined safety, quality and productivity specifications.
- Prepare product specifications, conduct technical review of subcontracted projects and coordinate with suppliers.
- Train production, Engineering and After Sales teams regarding implementation, qualification, and commissioning of new site equipment.
- Coordinate obsoletion of key equipment components (e.g. electrical, mechanical, hydraulic) of Dextra site equipment with the continuous improvement team by following the obsoletion tracking, equipment modifications and deployment in coordination with Procurement and Planning departments.
- Define and propose solutions for new site equipment under consideration of internal and external expectations.
- Perform reviews of work packages completed by the design team by organizing their project and task workloads.
- Coordinate activities and assignment of electrical and automation engineers to support the activities of the site equipment continuous improvement team.
- Facilitate efficient and effective cross discipline working within Dextra (production, design, supply chain, after sales…).
- Ensure with QHSE that new developments of machines comply with international and regional requirements (e.g. EU machinery directive EC2006/42/EC, UKCA and CSA).
- Keep abreast of latest technologies in the field of mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Ensure requirements, specifications, standards, and legislation are available to the team and applied.
- Advise and instruct team members in the performance of their job responsibilities.
- Ensure machine drawings, BOM and related documents are up to date.
- Conduct regular performance reviews and evaluation with subordinates
- Perform all other duties assigned.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechatronics engineering, mechanical engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of relevant experience in an engineering role (design, fabrication, or maintenance of industrial equipment).
- Experience working in similar senior engineer role, leading technical teams toward successful product delivery
- Very good command of English
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- Knowledge of Solidworks / Solidworks PDM, CAD application (Solidworks preferrable),
- Knowledge of ERP such as AX for BOM management is a plus
- Knowledge of PLC & HMI program reading is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good knowledge of international and national machine safety standards/requirements
- Good Knowledge of machinery design and problem analysis
- Good knowledge of machine fabrication method.
- Self-initiative, enthusiasm
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying